GVST Spring practice begins next week
Hello GVST Families,
We look forward to the 2021 Green Valley Swim Team program beginning next week. The MWF sessions begin on Monday, April 12th, and the TTS sessions begin on Tuesday, April 13th.
Below are some reminders:
- SUMMER SCHEDULE- Please note that practice times will shift from afternoons/evenings to mornings starting on June 28th.
- PERSONALIZED CAPS/PHOTOS Please fill in this form if you are interested in ordering personalized silicone swim caps and/or having individual photos taken of your swimmer(s). (NO NEED TO FILL THIS OUT AGAIN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE SO.)
- TOWELS & SHOES - All swimmers will be asked to place their towels/shoes on the side planter and to maintain distance when placing/retrieving their items.
- SUNSCREEN & CHANGING - Please arrive at the pool with suits on and sunscreen already applied. No changing in the bathroom.
- ENTERING - There will be distanced spots marked on the concrete in front of the pool entrance. Please ask your child to stay on one of these spots until a coach opens the gate and then keep distance from other swimmers when walking to their lane.
- EXITING - After practice is completed, swimmers are asked to exit the pool area while maintaining distance through the gate near the restrooms.
- SHOWERS & RESTROOMS - The showers are off-limits at present. Bathrooms are open for swimmers, but please encourage kids to use the restroom at home before heading to practice.
- ON DECK - Only coaches and swimmers are allowed on the pool deck.
- SOCIAL DISTANCE - We ask that parents and other family members waiting outside of the pool wear masks and maintain social distancing.
- SWIMSUITS - All swimmers must wear a competition style suit to practice. For boys, this means a jammer or speedo and for girls, this means a one-piece. If we are able to hold dual meets later in the year, league rules require swimmers wear matching team suits or an all black suit. If you need examples of competition suits or would like to purchase one for your swimmer, please visit the GVST team page below. Team code is GVST
- SWIM MEETS - We are planning to hold virtual meets in June, and are working on the specifics. We are also hoping for modified in-person dual meets for the month of July.
See you at the pool.
Jim and Scott