Volunteer Job Descriptions
- SET-UP (HOME MEETS ONLY) Arrive at 6:00 a.m. to help put up all equipment (i.e. tarps, computers, lane lines, blocks, tables, chairs, etc.)
- LANE TIMERS are assigned to a specific lane and times each event; two timers are placed in each opponent lane and one-timer in each Green Valley lane.
- LANE WRITERS are assigned to a specific lane and records the name of the swimmer and their times for each event. One for each Green Valley lane.
- BACK-UP TIMERS start stopwatch each race in order to provide a time in the event that another watch fails or if a lane timer misses a start.
- RUNNERS (HOME MEETS ONLY) pulls the slips from the lane writer and delivers to scoring table.
- CHECK IN & LANE LINE-UP check-in swimmers and mark swimmer numbers on the left arm. Inform head coach of missing swimmer prior to the start of the meet. Line up 5-8 year old swimmers prior to entering pool and escort them to the correct lane. You must stay with the line to ensure the children swim the appropriate event. Remind them what stroke they are swimming and to be sure to properly touch edge of pool at end of race. (This volunteer job will be filled only by parents with swimmers ages 8 and under.)
- RIBBONS (AFTER THE MEET) Check stickers for accuracy and affix them to the appropriate ribbon. Ribbons are then placed in the swimmers box on the following Monday, or Thursday after a Wednesday meet.
- DATA ENTRY (HOME MEETS ONLY) At home meets, enters each swimmer’s time into the swim team database. A training session will be held prior to practice meet; generates reports for swimmers and coaches for all meets.
- FOOD BOOTH (HOME MEETS ONLY) Assist in the preparing and selling of food, including setting up or taking down depending on shift. First-half workers report at 7:00 am. Second half workers stay until cleanup of food booth is finished. Sorry, no children are allowed in food booth.
- TEAR-DOWN (HOME MEETS ONLY) Responsible for taking down the equipment and cleaning up at the end of each home meet. Ensure pool and greenbelt areas are free of trash and everything is put away.
Simple formatted text